Monday, March 18, 2013

A Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year: A Review

Every now and then I come across a book that not only challenges me it begs for action.  This book by Diane Stortz is such a book.  I have been a christian since I was five ( it was a while ago).  I have gone to christian school for all 12 years of elementary school and yet never read the Bible all the way through...

This is not something I am proud to admit.  What message is this sending my kids?  That only part of God's Word is important and useful?  The God of the universe wrote me a love letter and I haven't read all of it.  Yikes!  I have started out to conquer this huge goal before and always quit when it got hard about Leviticus.

I was given a chance to review a book called A Woman's Guide to Reading the Bible in a Year -  a life-changing journey into the heart of God.  The title was very well written.  The book is written in a way that Ms. Stortz comes to you to share a wonderful gift.  She has done a group study of reading through the Bible in a year for 10 years!  The author lays out a plan to read through the Bible and give you checkpoints and questions for each week.  
I am going to do this book.  I want to start a group of woman on this journey with me.  I am still trying to figure out the logistics of having a group at my house.  How often will we meet?  Who should I invite?  This is not going to be a group that meets to gossip about others but a group of women committed to drawing closer to their Savior.  Holding each other up as we read this marathon together.

I was given this book by the publisher in exchange for this review.  All opinions are my own.  I will be buying more copies of this book.  You can find this book at christianbook.com.http://www.christianbook.com/womans-reading-bible-changing-journey-heart/diane-stortz/9780764210730/pd/210730?item_code=WW&netp_id=1021495&event=ESRCG&view=details

No comments:

Post a Comment