Thursday, January 13, 2011

Valentines Heart

I have been hoping to make this for a while but I finally had the deadly combination of time, materials and ambition today!



Materials needed:
styrofoam
newspaper cut into strips (the classifieds section works the best)
Mod Podge
red contruction paper
foam brush
glue gun
black ribbon with white dots


I wanted a piece of styrofoam that was heart shaped and about the size of a box of candy.  I wasn't able to find what I wanted so I just made my own.  Cut a heart shape out of styrofoam.


Then I just applied Mod Podge on the styrofoam and started layering my newspaper strips in complete randomness. (not really a word... so what?)  Then apply a coat of Mod Podge over the newspaper.


  Allow to dry.  Make red flowers out of construction paper.


Glue the roses onto the center of the heart.  Next add a little ribbon around the side of the foam heart.  Glue a loop of ribbon on top.


1 comment:

  1. Love it. I've been wanting to do a newspaper craft for a while now! Totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete