Monday, May 23, 2011

This Is The Life!

Yesterday my 6 year-old son said something that has gotten me thinking...  It was the end of a day that started with church and ended with pizza for dinner.  Between those two things was tree climbing, caterpillar catching, hide and seek, riding in the truck with daddy.  My little man turned to me and said "Mom, this is the life."  He had such a look of contentment when he said it.  It warmed my heart to hear it.  We weren't at Disneyland or anything I would consider exciting.  He was just happy with where he was at the moment.  The more I thought about his statement the more convicted I was.  When I say the same thing is it with a sarcastic or complaining voice?  My son has no idea what the "plan" is for next month or next year.  He doesn't care he knows that his father will take care or him.  Why do I spend so much time worrying or planning for the future instead of trusting my Heavenly Father and simply saying "this is the life!"

2 comments: