Thursday, August 25, 2011

Desk Makeover

I have needed a desk for my craft/sewing habit for a while now.  It is so important to have a space where I can set up my sewing machine and then leave it out to work on projects.  I found this beauty at a yard sale for $20.
I saw the potential and went for it.  My hubby has a jig saw and a router.... hmmm. He is out of town for work...  I have never attempted something like this before.    This project was a little intimidating. It was really quite easy once I just jumped into it. I just cut the top off the desk with the jig saw and used the router to round the new edges.
Still not too exciting?  I added some bright & cheery paint and a couple of new nobs and presto!

The new mommy craft zone still makes me smile. Things can definitely change with a little elbow grease and some imagination...

No comments:

Post a Comment