Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Puddles

There is nothing sweeter to a small child than the sight of a huge puddle.  The murky water can provide hours of entertainment unless mom catches you first...  I am one of those moms who buys rain boots for just such an occassion.  My kids may get completely filthy but the smiles under the dirt are worth it every time.

Today I was watching my 2 year old "enjoying" a huge puddle in the driveway.  This may not seem much to some of you but here in Montana we haven't had much puddle weather... just ice.  It got me thinking about how we react to the puddles in our lives.  Sometimes God lets it rain in our lives.  It feels like everything is pouring down on us.  Once the rain stops we are left standing in a huge puddle.  My immediate reaction is to complain about the rain/puddle/present location.  I can picture God watching and nudging me say "come on, enjoy where you are".  I look at the dirty water and ask "enjoy what exactly?"

The longer I live the more convinced I am that He wants us to just enjoy life right where we are.  Splash around.  Don't just be proud of the fact that you are still standing after the rain storm.  God is with you always even in the storm.  Slosh around in the murky water. Thrive!  Do somthing silly or spontaneous.  Silliness is easier when you have small kids but anyone can have fun.  Life is to short not to enjoy every day!

1 comment: